.
July 28, 2007 we moved in to our local home. We live with a sweet, helpful lady on the south-east side of the island of Saint Lucia (LOO-sha)while we complete the first three weeks of pre-service training. It is beautiful and green here and she has lots of fruits growing right in her yard (banana, coconut, breadfruit, cocoa, guava, mango, several herbs, etc.) and a gorgeous view of the ocean. We had our mandatory lesson today (Sunday 7/29) on how to wash our clothes by hand. Tomorrow the "main" water will be on -- as opposed to using the tank water on alternate days -- so we will do the rest of the washing in the washing machine. Thank Goodness!
It is the rainy season here. We are almost used to our constant coating of bug spray, sun block, and perspiration!!
However, we have no Internet and no car and anyway we don't know the area well enough yet to know any Internet cafes. So be assured we are fine. Just no communications set up yet. I'm writing this posting on the laptop and will add it to the blog as soon as we get a connection.Yes, we're havin' fun!
1 comment:
Sharon and Jim!!! The adventure!!! Hey, I was in a fly fishing shop and they have beautiful fishing shirts that have bug-off in the fabric that stands up to more than 75 washings. Do you want one? One for each of you? Anyway, they come in beautiful colors. I can do that if you would like! They also have pants with the same stuff...
Anyway...I was so excited to get your email and blog! I will check back often!!! I love you guys!!!
Love, Linda
Post a Comment